Get answers to some frequently asked questions about PREVYMIS
What is PREVYMIS?
In adults who have received an allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell (bone marrow) transplant, PREVYMIS is a prescription medicine to help prevent cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection and disease.
PREVYMIS helps stop CMV from multiplying. That is how PREVYMIS helps keep people from getting sick from CMV.
How do I take PREVYMIS?
PREVYMIS comes as a tablet or can be given by your doctor through an IV line (intravenously).
If you take PREVYMIS tablets:
- Take PREVYMIS exactly as your doctor tells you to take it. Do not stop taking PREVYMIS without talking to your doctor first.
- Take 1 PREVYMIS tablet 1 time each day.
- Take PREVYMIS with or without food.
- Swallow PREVYMIS tablets whole.
- It is important that you do not miss or skip doses of PREVYMIS.
- Store PREVYMIS tablets at 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C) in the original package until use.
If you forget to take the tablets:
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If you do not remember until it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your dose at the next scheduled time. Do not take 2 doses of PREVYMIS at the same time to make up for a missed dose.
If you take too much PREVYMIS, call your doctor right away.
If you receive PREVYMIS through an IV line (intravenously):
- You will receive PREVYMIS 1 time each day, given over 1 hour.
- If you miss or skip your dose of PREVYMIS, call your doctor right away.
- If you have to keep PREVYMIS at home, store in the original carton to protect from exposure to light.